Questions And Answers About American Eagle Credit Card
- Question: What is an American Eagle credit card?
Ans. The American Eagle credit card is a store-branded credit card, designed specifically for the customers of this chain. As a matter of fact, there are two credit cards: one can be used only at American Eagle stores and the other one can be used anywhere.
- Question: How to get approved for American Eagle credit card?
Ans. Reportedly, one has to have at least a fair credit score, which must be not lower than 650.
- Question: How hard is it to get an American Eagle credit card?
Ans. As you can read in the answer to the previous question, AEO requires the applicants to have at least a fair score, which is not lower than 650. Therefore, one may conclude that it tends to be pretty hard to get a credit card from American Eagle.
- Question: How to apply for an American Eagle credit card?
Ans. Actually, you can complete the entire application process fully online. For that purpose, you should simply follow our guidelines from the “Apply for the AEO Credit Card” section of this review.
- Question: How to activate my American Eagle credit card?
Ans. If you want to activate your AEO credit card, you need to access the online banking page of Synchrony Bank (see the “Login” section of our review). Then, you should simply click on the “Register” button and sign up with your credit card.
- Question: How to pay American Eagle credit card?
Ans. You can pay your AEO credit card in two ways: through the phone or via online banking. In order to use the first method, you should call the 800-843-0875 phone number. For doing through online banking, please refer to our “Login” section.
- Question: Where can I use my American Eagle credit card?
Ans. This depends on the type of AEO credit card that you have. If you have an AEO Visa credit card, that you can use your credit card wherever Visa cards are accepted (that’s basically everywhere). If you have a usual store-branded credit card from American Eagle, then you can use it only in the stores of this chain.
- Question: What bank issues American Eagle credit card?
Ans. As you could understand from our American Eagle credit card review, Synchrony Bank issues credit cards for this chain.
- Question: How to check if you got accepted for an American Eagle credit card?
Ans. Once you have submitted your application, you should obtain the result immediately. If you haven’t been notified about getting accepted or refused, you should simply call to Synchrony Bank. It may take, however, up to a few days before you will receive an answer.
- Question: How to increase American Eagle credit card limit?
Ans. You are able to increase your credit limit online. For that purpose, you should log in to your credit card account (see our “Login” section) and submit a request to increase your credit limit.
- Question: What credit score do I need for a card from American Eagle?
Ans. As you could read in this American Eagle credit card review, you need to have at least a fair credit with a score no lower than 650. Otherwise, you will be declined this credit card and your credit will get only worse.
- Question: How much do you save if you use American Eagle credit card?
Ans. If you frequently shop at American Eagle stores, you can get 20% off the first purchase and 6% rewards rate. Considering that there are no exact numbers, it exactly depends on how much you will spend at these stores.
- Question: How long does AE credit card take to ship?
Ans. Before you will get your credit card in the mail, it may take anywhere from a few days up to a few weeks to deliver it.
- Question: Why should I get an AE credit card?
Ans. Actually, the AE credit card offers one of the best rewards rates on the market, offering 6% cash back. Apart from that, you will get other benefits, such as 20% off the first purchase or free bras and jeans. That’s pretty self-explanatory why you should apply for the AEO card.
- Question: What does an AE credit card look like?
Ans. You can get to see how it looks at the beginning of this AE credit card review.
- Question: Where do you sign the AE credit card?
Ans. You can apply for the AEO credit card either from the American Eagle’s website or right from the Synchrony Bank’s website.
- Question: What happens if I don’t use the AE credit card?
Ans. As long as you don’t carry a balance, nothing will happen to your AEO credit card. If you carry a balance, you will have to pay the interest rate on that sum.
- Question: What is a cash advance on an American Eagle credit card?
Ans. Cash advance is actually getting cash from an ATM with credit funds. Watch out the hefty fees when getting a cash advance.
- Question: How to get cash advance on AE credit card?
Ans. You should just find an ATM from the network of Synchrony Bank (it will be cheaper for you) and get your cash there. Make sure to pay it off on time.
- Question: How much does it cost to have an AE credit card?
Ans. As you could read in this review, the AE credit card comes without an annual fee. This means that it costs nothing to carry this card in your wallet.
Question: How much cash back will I get with American Eagle credit card?
You will get 6% cash back on purchases made at American Eagle stores.
- Question: How to close AE credit card?
Ans. You can do it via a phone call. If you have the AE Visa credit card, you should call this number: 1-866-913-6765. If you have a store-branded credit card with American Eagle, call here: 1-800-843-0875.
- Question: How do I cancel my American Eagle credit card?
Ans. There is only one way how you can do it: via a phone call. The answer to the previous question contains the phone numbers.
- Question: Is It Difficult to Get an AE Credit Card?
Ans. It is not something uncommon for people with 650 credit score and lowers to get the AE credit card. However, many such customers get only $150 credit limit, which is not enough even for getting a $10 certificate.
Even if you have signed up for a credit card from this company and got a low credit limit, we suggest you use your card responsibly and come back to check your credit limits after 6 months. Then, you might discover that you are eligible to raise your credit limit.
- Question: When You May Consider Applying for an AE Credit Card?
Ans. You may consider applying for an Eagle credit card if one or more of the following statements are true:
- You don’t tend to carry a month-to-month balance.
- The person who frequently shops at American Eagle or Aerie is you.
- You are okay with merchandise discounts and inflexible rewards.
Feel free to ask any question concerning American Eagle Credit Card on the comment box below.