Best Ways to Change a Facebook Page Username – Changing your Facebook Page Username is pretty simple. Facebook has provided the features that will aid you to do that. You can change or edit it to suit your business type and description.
Best Ways to Change a Facebook Page Username
To change the username for your Page,
- Log into Facebook HERE
- Enter your Facebook login details.
- You’ll need to be an admin to change your Page’s username. If you’re an admin:
- Click About on the left side of your Page.
- Click Edit next to your current Page username.
- Enter a new username.
- If the username is available and follows the guidelines for custom usernames,
- Click Create Username.
But I still can’t change my Facebook Page URL!
I could not find anything definitive about NOT being able to change usernames except that you must be an admin. Nonetheless, here’s that, plus some other things to check:
- Are you logged into a FB account that has full admin privileges?
- Have you changed your URL recently? Wait at least 3 days before trying again.
- Have you engaged in spammy behavior? Start over with a new Page if you can commit to NO spam!
- Have you ever used the Page? It’s possible that inactivity would prevent you from making this URL change.
- Do you have hardly any, or a ton of, Page Likes? Once again, a possibility.
- If you still don’t have the option to change your URL/username, try this Facebook Page problem report.
- However, if you’ve run ads and have an ad manager, contact them as they should be able to help.
Interesting: How To Reset or Change Facebook Password
Timeline for Changing Your Facebook URL
Before investing time or money in the following steps, ensure that you have the option to change your username! Then proceed.
Most steps are optional and some may not apply to you. Use your best judgment. These are suggestions only.
- Printed materials.
- Post a heads-up on your FB Page that you’ll be changing your username.
- Reach out to blogs where you’ve guest posted and ask if they will do this for you if you don’t have admin privileges to do it yourself.
- Prepare an image to post on Facebook when you complete the name change.
- Set aside one to several hours (depending on how much you need to change) to do steps 6 to 9 in quick succession.
- Open all the blog posts, widgets, and social media accounts that you need to change in separate tabs. Enter the change, but don’t save/update yet.
- Go into your Facebook Fan Page and make the change following the steps below.
Got a new username secured?
- NOW complete everything from steps 1, 3, 4 and change your email signature.
- If needed, change your Facebook Page NAME to match the new username.
- If needed, rebrand your FB Page graphics
- If desired, inform followers on your other social accounts, blog, and email list of your change.