How to Block Someone on Facebook. Blocking someone on Facebook can be an effective way to protect yourself from people you don’t wish to communicate with ever again. Some people can be annoying in the sense that they will be sending you unsolicited messages.
So any one who is sending you annoying message, the best thing to do with such person is simply to unfriend and block such Facebook friend. That been said, we are going to walk you through on how to Block Friends on Facebook easily.
In this page, we are going to show you how to block a Facebook friend using your mobile phone and as well how to unfriend and block someone on Facebook with your laptop computer.
Here’s how to block a Facebook friend and what you need to know about the entire process.
How to Block a Facebook Friend in Your Blocking Settings:
To block someone in your Facebook blocking settings:
- Click at the top right of Facebook and choose Settings.
- Go to the left side of Facebook and click Blocking
- Click Blocking in the left side menu.
- Enter the name of the person you want to block and click Block.
- Select the specific person you want to block from the list that appears and click Block > Block [name].
People will not be notified when you block them.
How to Block Someone on Facebook via Computer
- Open your preferred internet browser on your computer or smartphone and go to the official Facebook website at https://www.facebook.com/
- Alternatively, you may also open the Facebook app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Navigate to the Facebook profile of the person you wish to block. An easy way to do this is by searching for their name in the search bar at the top of the Facebook website and app.
- Once on the person’s profile page, click on the ellipsis (three dots) next to the Message button.
- A menu with a list of options will pop up. Click on the “Block” button as shown in the screenshot below.
- You will be given a notification asking you “Are your sure you want to Block this person“.
- To continue with the process of Blocking a Facebook friend, click “Confirm“. That person will now be blocked.
Now if you want to use your mobile phone to block your Facebook friend, below is the simple guidelines.
How to Block Friends on Facebook via Mobile Phone
There’s no clear difference as to when you want to use a computer to block someone on Facebook and when you are using a mobile phone to block a Facebook friend, the two methods are all the-same with little or no difference
- Open the official Facebook app on any iOS or Android smartphone or tablet. If you haven’t already, make sure to log in.
- Tap on the search bar at the top of the app and type in the name of the person you wish to block. Find the correct account in the search results and tap on them.
- On the user’s Facebook profile, find the three menu items under their profile picture and click on the ellipsis icon with the word More underneath it.
- A menu will pop up with a list of options. Click on the “Block” button.
- The app will ask you to confirm your request. Click on Block once more to block the individual.
If the guidelines above on how to Block Someone on Facebook without them knowing was helpful, use the comment section below to give us your feedback.