MS Outlook Mail Login – If you can’t log in to your MS Outlook Mail, Hotmail, Live, or MSN email account, or you’re not sure how to sign in or sign out, here are some solutions and MS Outlook Mail login Guideline. Some MS Outlook Mail users see a “Something went wrong” error message when they try to sign in with Safari on Mac.
Carefully Read this page for MS Outlook Mail Login and solutions on MS Outlook Mail
Can’t sign in to MS Outlook Mail Outlook – www.outlook.com
If you’re having trouble signing in to your Microsoft account, there could be a few different reasons for that – like you can’t remember your password or have two-step verification turned on.
- Check these things first
- Check the service status
- I forgot my password or it’s not working
- My account is blocked
- I’m traveling
MS Outlook Mail Login Steps-www.outlook.com
#. Go to MS Outlook Mail Login page and select Sign in.
#. Enter your email address or phone number and select Next.
#. On the next page, enter your password and select Sign in.
You May Like: Shaw Webmail Login – Shaw Email Sign in my Shaw Webmail
Check the Keep me signed in a box if you want to go straight to Outlook.com next time (not recommended for shared computers).
Uncheck the box to be prompted for your password each time you sign in.
How to Minimizing Junk Mail in MS Outlook Mail.
1. Sign in to Outlook.com.
2. In the upper-right corner of the page, click the Cog icon, and then click on
3. Under Preventing junk mail, click Safe and blocked senders.
4. Under the Safe and blocked senders, click on Blocked Senders.
5. In the Blocked Senders’ list, add the name or domain (the part of an e-mail address that follows the @ sign, such as outlook.com) that you don’t want to receive mail from, and then click Add to list >>.
You can create rules to delete incoming junk mails.
1. In the upper-right corner of the page, click the Cog icon, and then click
2. Under Customizing Outlook, click Rules for sorting new messages.
3. Click New and then under Step 1, click the drop-down arrow on the first box and choose Sender’s address.
4. Under Step 1, type in on the third box the email address.
5. Under Step 2, choose to Delete these messages—don’t even put them in my Deleted folder.
6. Click Save at the bottom of the page.
You may also set your Junk email filter to Exclusive
If the Exclusive level was set, messages from senders not on your Contacts or Safe senders lists will be sent to the Junk folder.
By default, the Junk folder will automatically delete messages after 10 days. This is more convenient as we don’t have any control if senders are randomly changing their address.
1. In the upper-right corner of the page, click the Cog icon, and then click on
2. Under Preventing junk email, click Filters and reporting.
3. Under Choose a junk email filter, select Exclusive
Always check this page for more update, For questions and contribution use the comment box below.